Friday, November 11, 2011

Starting down the road to TWRP 3...

Even thought TWRP 2 isn't even out yet, plans are being made for TWRP 3. Like the movie industry, with it's constant rebooting of franchises, TWRP 3 is a reboot of recovery. Hence the blog name, rebooting in recovery. While working on TWRP 2, I realized that trying to build a recovery system based on the AOSP recovery engine has severe limitations. So instead of continuing to try to hack around these problems and find new and creative ways to patch it, we're starting from scratch. I've appointed myself the primary architect for TWRP 3 (as nobody else was jumping up and down to do it) and I'm going to use this blog to help keep the world in the loop of the design and development process, as well as the requirements we're setting, the design decisions, the limitations or problems we encounter, etc. Occasionally, I'll likely also use this blog as a place to spout off about random Android things, and rarely, non-Android stuff. At first, it will be slow, because we're wrapping up TWRP 2.0... But I expect things to pick up shortly.

So welcome aboard, and enjoy the show.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I am SO EXCITED to see what all you've done with TWRP! Even Koush (ClockWorkMod) tweeted a while back about how TWRP 2 was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited I can't wait to take it on a test run!!

    ReplyDelete