Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sometimes Recovery isn't possible

The downside to following an individual developer instead of a company as that an individual developer is human. And as such, you're following all aspects of them, as all aspects of a developer affect the software. And today, this post isn't about bricked devices or lost data. Sometime, the things we love most don't recovery. This morning, my family lost our favorite cat, Boo. We rushed him to the emergency vet, and they tried their best, but whatever was wrong with him, it was his time. And with his passing, I'm reminded of the importance of my family, and how easily the things around us slip away.

Nearly four years ago, I met my wife in California. And from the start of our relationship, Boo was a part of it. One of the first things I bought for her was a scratching post for Boo. And from then on, whenever I came over, Boo would run over and lay on it to make sure I didn't take it away. We still have that scratching post. Unfortunately, it now lays empty.

Rest in Peace, Boo. We love you, and you'll always be a special part of our family.

"Each day, the things in our lives slowly pass on, but their memory remains with us for the remainder of time."


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my family cat last year, and it was very hard. I was away at graduate school. I felt completely helpless. Now that I own 2 cats of my own that are not even a year old, I think from time to time what will happen in 15 to 18 years after they go. It's easy to lose sight of important things in the rat race of life, let your cats last gift to you be the gift of foresight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss man. I know I'd be completely shaken if my cat passed away, so I can only imagine how you much feel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt drawn to comment since I've lived your loss.

    Mine was very hard as well and I can't count the tears. My wife and I watched him decline with an incurable disease, which only made it worse, being so helpless. Perhaps that made it easier to see the sun setting, but nothing prepares you for that moment. The experience bonded my wife and I. Almost 5 years later and the days are very few and far between I don't think back on my memories and smile. And every year on the day he passed, we recreate our day and have breakfast at the same little cafe on the coast and go look for sea shells in the tide pools.

    If I can give you one piece of advice...find another soul to save, the one (or two) that need it the most. Grieve, but get back on that train. Love the next one just as much and remember they aren't there to take anyone's place, because that isn't possible.

    Hang in there, Kevin. That soul is out there, waiting for your family to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry man, that sucks HARD!

    ReplyDelete