Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Moving on...

I've decided to write up two blog entries tonight, since the topics are completely separate. So there's been a lot of questions about my departure from TeamWin, what happened, etc. Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that I take ownership of the software I write, as far as design and direction. For some groups and teams, this is fine. Heck, even within TeamWin, some member have "pet" projects that the rest of the team doesn't get any say in. The problem is, TWRP isn't a "pet" project, and so ownership of it is considered shared across both the developers and non-developers. It doesn't make sense for me to work on a "pet recovery project" while working on a team that has a recovery project. And if I'm going to invest as much time and money into a project as I have for TWRP 2, I need to have a certain level of ownership. And with HDMI a distant memory, it's the only project I had to work on. So I finally decided, as I was identifying how much of the code couldn't be salvaged, that it was time for me to move on to do my own things.

1 comment:

  1. Hey good luck Kevin, hope there wasn't any hard feelings on the way out. I know things have been stressful lately.

    ReplyDelete